About this Archive
MSC Scotland was established in 1974, with its first constitution being adopted during the club’s inaugural meeting on the 26th of October 1974. Based in Edinburgh, the club catered for men who had an interest in leather, uniforms, rubber, denim and fetish wear, and offered social support facilities to its members.
The club was a member of the European Confederation of Motorcycle Clubs (ECMC), and shared close relationships with various other UK based motor sports clubs. In addition to its regular club nights, and its participation in ECMC Bike Runs, MSC Scotland was regularly involved in Burns Supper night events. These Supper Nights would involve inter-club visits between MSC Scotland and other MSCs, and were often commemorated with trophies and other awards.
Scope and content
- Papers of MSC Scotland (1974-c2014), including:
- Papers, reports and correspondence regarding MSC Scotland's administration, 1974-c2014.
- Papers and correspondence regarding MSC Scotland's relationships with other motor sports clubs and the wider gay community, 1979-1987.
- Objects and clothing from MSC Scotland and other associated motor sports clubs, 1975-2010.
- Newsletters and circulars published by MSC Scotland, 1975-1993.
6 boxes, 7 items stored large and loose and 410 digital files (digital files stored in digital drive).