About this Archive
The London Labour Party (LLP) was founded in 1915 and continued as the co-ordinating body of Labour activity in London until 1965 when the London County Council and the Middlesex County Council were replaced by the Greater London Council. The group then changed its name to the Greater London Labour Party (or Regional Council of the Greater London Labour Party).
Many different groups were affiliated to the London Labour Party/Greater London Labour Party including local constituency parties, the LCC/GLC Labour Parties, trade unions, the Labour Party Young Socialists, the co-operative movement and an Inner London Education Authority (ILEA) group. Such support allowed the Party to undertake publications, the organisation of conferences and training courses, and direct campaigns on issues like housing, rents and LGBT issues.
Scope and content
Minutes and papers of the Executive Committee, and associated committees, of the Greater London Labour Party, 1965-1996.