About this Archive
(1916-1996) co-operator and Christian socialist
Paul Derrick was born in 1916. He was an academic and member of the Economic Research Council. He was also a founding member of the Christian Socialist Movement in 1960. He died in 1996.
Scope and content
- Pamphlets and publications by Derrick concerning socialism, co-operation, economics, Christian socialism and other subjects, 1947-1987
- Papers and correspondence concerning common ownership, 1968-1975
- Typescripts drafts by and correspondence with R.H.Glover, 1969-1974
- Correspondence and papers concerning the Robert Owen Bicentenary Association, 1970-1974
- Papers, correspondence and minutes of the Christian Socialist Movement, 1962-1981
- Miscellaneous correspondence regarding political, co-operative and general issues with politicians, colleagues and others, 1952-1974
- Typescript and handwritten drafts of published and unpublished articles, c1950-1975
- Personal papers and correspondence, 1967-1971
Formed in 1920
Formed in 1883
formed in 1847
Bernie Grant was Member of Parliament for Tottenham (1987-2000) and tireless campaigner for social justice, as well as the leading figure in a number of organisations, including Labour Party Black Sections, the Black Trade Unionists’ Solidarity Movement and the African Reparations Movement. His archive includes papers, artefacts, recordings and other material documenting these organisations and the whole of his career, and is an invaluable resource for the study of late twentieth century British history.