About this Archive
(1916-1996) co-operator and Christian socialist
Paul Derrick was born in 1916. He was an academic and member of the Economic Research Council. He was also a founding member of the Christian Socialist Movement in 1960. He died in 1996.
Scope and content
- Pamphlets and publications by Derrick concerning socialism, co-operation, economics, Christian socialism and other subjects, 1947-1987
- Papers and correspondence concerning common ownership, 1968-1975
- Typescripts drafts by and correspondence with R.H.Glover, 1969-1974
- Correspondence and papers concerning the Robert Owen Bicentenary Association, 1970-1974
- Papers, correspondence and minutes of the Christian Socialist Movement, 1962-1981
- Miscellaneous correspondence regarding political, co-operative and general issues with politicians, colleagues and others, 1952-1974
- Typescript and handwritten drafts of published and unpublished articles, c1950-1975
- Personal papers and correspondence, 1967-1971
Formed in 1920
Formed in 1883
formed in 1847
Established in 1975, the English Collective of Prostitutes (ECP) is a self-help organisation of sex workers. They campaign for the decriminalisation of prostitution, for sex workers’ rights and safety, and for resources to enable people to get out of prostitution if they want to. We are honoured to hold their archive documenting their numerous campaigns, activities and continuing work to the present day.