About this Archive
(1916-1996) co-operator and Christian socialist
Paul Derrick was born in 1916. He was an academic and member of the Economic Research Council. He was also a founding member of the Christian Socialist Movement in 1960. He died in 1996.
Scope and content
- Pamphlets and publications by Derrick concerning socialism, co-operation, economics, Christian socialism and other subjects, 1947-1987
- Papers and correspondence concerning common ownership, 1968-1975
- Typescripts drafts by and correspondence with R.H.Glover, 1969-1974
- Correspondence and papers concerning the Robert Owen Bicentenary Association, 1970-1974
- Papers, correspondence and minutes of the Christian Socialist Movement, 1962-1981
- Miscellaneous correspondence regarding political, co-operative and general issues with politicians, colleagues and others, 1952-1974
- Typescript and handwritten drafts of published and unpublished articles, c1950-1975
- Personal papers and correspondence, 1967-1971
Formed in 1920
Formed in 1883
Formed in 1847
Founded in 1977 by Bette Bourne, the cabaret and drag troupe Bloolips performed in the UK and internationally for over 25 years, in shows such as Lust in Space, Gland Motel, Sticky Buns and Slung Back and Strapless, winning several awards along the way. The collection includes photographs, posters, publicity materials and press reviews of these anarchic maestros of camp.