Please note that on 23rd February, the evening's dancing will be hosted by guest DJ Charles Chan.
Charles is a well-known face amongst the dance community and plays regularly at London Dance Studio, Pink Jukebox, Rivoli Ballroom and The Dance Lab.
Starting off the evening leading a short solo routine based on one of the Latin or Ballroom dances, teacher and raconteur extraordinaire Nick Miles (Star Dance Club, London Globe) will play the best Ballroom and Latin tunes to get you on the floor and keep you there.
We want our evenings to be truly social, ensuring all newcomers and regulars feel at home and get to dance, whether or not they bring a partner.
That’s why there will be dance hosts at every Bishopsgate Ballroom. Look out for these friendly faces, ready to welcome you and help you get on the floor. Whether you’ve come alone or with a group, everyone’s welcome to dance with our hosts. Now there’s no reason to be a wallflower, unless you want to be…
- Tickets are £12/£10 in advance and £14 on the door.
- Online ticket sales will close two hours prior to the event starting. We encourage booking in advance, as tickets on the door will be limited.
- For group bookings larger than 10 people, please contact our Box Office team via 020 73929200
- Our events and courses are designed for over-18s only. We do not allow under-18s to attend our social dance events as our evening events are aimed at an adult audience, with a licensed bar in operation.
- Please note there is no cloakroom at this event.
Need to Know
- 19:30 - 22.30
- £12/£10 conc. £14 door
- Bishopsgate Institute
Meet the host
Nick Miles is the co-principal of Star Dance Club, a dance school established in 1984 and based in Kent and the South East. Nick is the host of Bishopsgate Ballroom’s monthly events. Nick has won two Carl Alan Awards, two Imperial Society Of Teachers of Dancing Awards, the Blackpool Dance Festival Hall of Fame Award, and the Ballroom Dancers’ Federation Award. Nick was involved in the London 2012 Olympic flame production, as well as all major dance competition events in the United Kingdom and overseas, including the London Globe, which is held annually at Bishopsgate Institute. Nick is a proud member of the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing.