Swing Den is a social dance especially for beginners (though everyone is welcome). There’ll be a taster lesson at the start of the night and two teachers on hand throughout the evening to answer your questions and to help you develop your moves.
Dress up or dress down for the evening. Keep in mind that swing dancing involves lots of moving about and activity, so be sure to wear some comfy shoes.
In partnership with Swing Patrol.
- Tickets are £10/£5 in advance and £12 on the door.
- Online ticket sales will close two hours prior to the event starting. We encourage you to book in advance, as tickets will be available on the door but will be limited.
- For group bookings larger than 10 people, please contact our Box Office team via 020 73929200
- Please note that the last entry is 45 minutes before the end of the event.
- Our events and courses are designed for over-18s only. We do not allow under-18s to attend our social dance events as our evening events are aimed at an adult audience, with a licensed bar in operation.
- Please remember you are not able to bring your own food and drinks to this event. Thank you for your understanding.
Need to Know
- 19:00 - 23:00
- £10/£5 conc. in advance / £12 door
- One Friday a month
- Bishopsgate Institute
Meet the hosts
Swing Patrol have been teaching swing dance and related styles across London since 2009. Swing Patrol are passionate about swing dancing and share this passion through their teaching of Lindy Hop, Charleston, Blues, Balboa and Solo Charleston - all dances which come under the Swing Dance umbrella. Swing Dancing is an African-American dance created at the beginning of the 20th Century in Harlem and is now danced all over the world. They have a fantastic team of teachers who will inspire, engage and ensure that you also have fun. It's a fun and joyful dance style and the teaching will reflect this.