Queer Tango London offers people who dance tango – or anyone who wants to learn – opportunities to experiment with who does what, and why, and how.
We teach authentic Argentinian Tango, but with queer sensibilities: same sex couples, women leading, men following – all combinations are possible with us. LGBTQIA+ dancers and everyone else are welcome to try out dancing tango as leaders and/or as followers in our safe queer space.
- Tickets are £12/£10 in advance and £14/12 on the door. Queer Tango London members qualify for concessionary rates.
- Online ticket sales will close two hours prior to the event starting. We encourage booking in advance, as tickets on the door will be limited.
- For group bookings larger than 10 people, please contact our Box Office team via 020 73929200
- Our events and courses are designed for over-18s only. We do not allow under-18s to attend our social dance events as our evening events are aimed at an adult audience, with a licensed bar in operation.
18:30 Doors open
18:40 Beginners' class. Absolute beginners welcome - and experienced dancers too, if you fancy helping us get people onto their tango journeys.
19:20 Intermediate class
Image: Roswitha Chesher
Need to Know
- 18:30 - 22:30
- Adv. £12/£10 conc. / Door £14/£12 conc.
- Every other Friday
- Bishopsgate Institute
Meet the hosts
Queer Tango London
QTL is a London based Argentine tango organisation that is open to EVERYONE, free of the rigid structure that 'men must lead and women must follow'. We believe that anyone can dance with anyone, regardless of gender or sexuality and we passionately believe in the benefits of Tango to both the mind and body. So if you want to dance tango - and experiment with who does what, why, and how - we want to encourage that curiosity. You will always be welcome at QTL whoever you are and whomever you wish to dance with.