The course works towards a solo performance, where you will perform a song in front of your peers.
Who is this course for?
The course is designed for beginners or those with little experience who would like to develop their vocal technique.
You will learn
- A range of breathing and warm-up exercises to develop sound and pitch control in all three registers
- How to prepare the voice for singing
- To maintain a good posture when singing
- Correct position of the tongue, mouth and jaw to articulate, and the use of vowels (neutral, bright and dark)
- To apply basic singing techniques to your singing
- To become more familiar with your voice, sound and range
- To develop musicianship and interpretation skills by singing songs solo and within the group to piano accompaniment and backing tracks.
Meet the Tutor
Australian opera singer Simon Gilkes is a graduate and scholarship recipient of the Royal College or Music and the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. Whilst having also performed internationally, Simon has been teaching singing for 13 years and teaches methods that can be tailored to pop, Musical Theatre and more classical modes, depending on the student and their vocal desires.
Need to Know
- 18:30 - 20:30
- Full £98 / Conc. £74
- Bishopsgate Institute
- Simon Gilkes
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code