This event will take place in person.
Queer Tango London offers people who dance tango – or anyone who wants to learn – opportunities to experiment with who does what, and why, and how. It’s really enjoyable!
We teach authentic Argentinian Tango, but with queer sensibilities: same sex couples, women leading, men following – all combinations are possible with us! LGBTQ dancers and everyone else are welcome to try out dancing tango as leaders and/or as followers in our safe queer space.
18:30 Absolute Beginners’ Class
19:30 Práctica - Practice Session – All levels welcome to dance with us
- Tickets are £10 in advance and £12 on the door.
How we’re keeping you safe
Because we would like to keep the staff and each other safe, we expect and recommend face coverings to be worn the public areas that can become crowded. These are the corridors, toilet areas and the queues at the bar. There will also be an event-specific QR code that guests will be asked to scan on arrival.
To gain entry to our Queer Tango London events, we require you to demonstrate one of the following:
- Evidence of a free NHS lateral flow test, taken the night before/morning of the event and logged on the NHS website or NHS app. You can find tests on the NHS website. Please make sure you have your NHS confirmation email/app showing a negative result to hand as you will be asked to show proof of your test while at the event. Please do not bring your test sample pad – we need the NHS confirmation email or SMS. Read our frequently asked questions.
- Evidence of double vaccination, where the second vaccine was administered at least 14 days before the event, provided via the NHS App (England, Scotland, NI and Wales Apps are all accepted), vaccination card, or letter provided by the NHS.
- Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test taken within 180 days of the event (after completion of isolation period).
- Proof of double vaccination, negative test or proof of natural immunity via an EU Digital Covid Certificate.
If you test positive for Covid-19 or are asked to isolate and are not able to attend your class or pre-booked event, please contact the Bishopsgate Box Office for further information (email@example.com). Please do not come to the Institute in person if you have symptoms or have tested positive.
In addition to these measures, Bishopsgate Institute has strict cleaning protocols in place and ventilation throughout the building. There are also numerous hand-sanitising stations available and touch-free drinking fountains. Find out more about how we’re keeping you safe.
Meet the Hosts
Queer Tango London
QTL is a London based Argentine tango organisation that is open to EVERYONE, free of the rigid structure that 'men must lead and women must follow'. We believe that anyone can dance with anyone, regardless of gender or sexuality and we passionately believe in the benefits of Tango to both the mind and body. So if you want to dance tango - and experiment with who does what, why, and how - we want to encourage that curiosity. You will always be welcome at QTL whoever you are and whomever you wish to dance with.
Need to Know
- 18:30 - 22:30
- Bishopsgate Institute