Learn how to evaluate and improve your public speaking skills and build confidence in a friendly and supportive environment. You will be guided through expert advice and receive personalised feedback in order to learn how to engage, inform, make an impact and build rapport with an audience.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who wants to prepare a speech, presentation for work or conference, or who just wants to build their confidence and competence when speaking in public at a social event.
You will learn
- Tips and tricks to reduce nerves and anxiety when speaking
- How to prepare your voice and tackle ‘false starts’
- Understand and practice confident body language, movement, gestures and eye contact to engage to make an impact in your speech
- Assess areas for personal improvement to take beyond the session
- Access the Pecha Kucha method to deliver professional and confident presentations.
Meet the Tutor
Martin Billingham is an educator, academic and stand-up comedian. He specialises in the links between effective communication, public speaking and learning. Public speaking regularly tops the list of ‘number one fears’. In response, Martin has devised a training method with the mantra 'fight the fear and have fun doing it'. He provides a series of inclusive, personalised and engaging activities in a positive environment that will give you the skills to stand up and speak with confidence.
Need to Know
- 10:00 - 16:00
- Full £62 / Conc. £47
- Bishopsgate Institute
- Martin Billingham
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code