This course will take place online.
Pilates exercises use deep, slow movements that build core strength, tone the major muscle groups of the body, increase range of movement, and improve posture. The deep all-round strength that Pilates builds in the body encourages healthy patterns of movement when you practice regularly.
Who is this course for?
Pilates is suitable for all ages and fitness levels and those new to exercise, and this course is suitable for both beginners and experienced students.
Do I need any previous skills or knowledge?
None required. Any student suffering from an injury or condition that could be made worse by exercise should consult with their doctor or physical therapist before beginning the course. Adaptations and modifications can be provided to suit requirements and ability levels.
Will I need any equipment or materials?
You should wear comfortable clothing you can move in.
- Students should be able to kneel and get up and down from the floor easily.
- To make the classes more accessible to all abilities, equipment such as blocks and belts will be used.
- Yoga mats will be provided, you are also welcome to bring your own mat if you prefer.
- Changing room facilities are available.
We provide a number of funded bursaries to people who find it hard to pay the full or concessionary rates. Find out more information on how to apply.
Joining via Zoom
This course or event will be held via Zoom. You need a computer/laptop or mobile phone to access the Zoom website, and a reliable internet connection. For further information on how to join a Zoom meeting, you can watch the joining video here.
You will need a computer or other device to connect with Zoom and a notebook/paper and pen/pencil, or digital equivalent.
Sign up to our newsletter
Be the first to learn about our latest events, courses, and collections
You will learn
By the end of the course, you will have learnt how to:
- Align your spine and body during Pilates exercises
- Engage and effectively train core strength and the major muscles groups of the body
- Perform movements working with the principles of Pilates, including flowing integrated movement, muscular strength and stamina, lengthening of the spine, abdominal control, precision, and mental focus.
Meet the Tutor
Paula is an experienced Pilates and fitness instructor, who has been teaching Pilates for over 10 years. She prides herself on being approachable and friendly. She teaches students of all ages, from 18 to 80, and believes everyone should be made to feel welcome and enjoy exercising. Paula loves finding new ways for her clients to improve their strength, mobility and flexibility, and have fun along the way.
Need to Know
- 18:00 - 19:00
- £59/£45 conc.
- Paula Causton
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code