Exercises use deep, slow movements that build core strength, tone the major muscle groups of the body, increase range of movement, and improve posture. The deep all-round strength that pilates builds in the body encourages healthy patterns of movement when you practice regularly.
Who is this course for?
Pilates is suitable for all ages and fitness levels and those new to exercise, and this course is suitable for both beginners and experienced students.
Do I need any previous skills or knowledge?
None required. Any student suffering from an injury or condition that could be made worse by exercise should consult with their doctor or physical therapist before beginning the course. Adaptations and modifications can be provided to suit requirements and ability levels.
Will I need any equipment or materials?
You should wear comfortable clothing you can move in.
How we’re keeping you safe
We are following the latest guidance to ensure both staff and students are safe. To comply with government guidance and to support NHS Test and Trace, we need to collect a name and phone number during the booking process.
- We have limited places to 14 students
- We will not be taking drop-ins, with all students needing to book onto the course via the website
- These sessions will be taking place in larger rooms to enable for social distancing
- Mats will be placed 2 metres apart. We also ask that you bring your own mat to these sessions
- Our changing rooms will be closed this term, including the lockers. You will be able to leave your belongings at the side of the room, but there won't be the usual facilities for changing, storing valuables, and showering afterwards
- Masks must be worn in all public areas, including on arrival and when walking through the corridors
- Clear signage will appear throughout the building to guide you and remind you of social distancing measures
- We will be using a Track & Trace system to register all visitors to the building
- We clean our building regularly
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your class is due to start – upon arrival you'll be signed in, and admitted in to the space through a one-way system
- If government guidance changes, we may need to cancel the course. Please check your email before your visit.
You will learn
By the end of this course, you will have:
- Aligned your spine and body during pilates exercises
- Engaged and effectively trained core strength and the major muscles groups of the body
- Performed movements working with the principles of pilates, including flowing integrated movement, muscular strength and stamina, lengthening of the spine, abdominal control, precision, and mental focus.
Meet the Tutor
Arina Djakova has been teaching Pilates classes and courses across London since 2012. But, Pilates came to Arina's life much earlier. Arina has a background in dance and sports. From her own experiences, she knows how much our bodies depend on strength of core muscles in everyday life and how important it is to train the core to prevent injury. Arina has a true passion for Pilates.
Need to Know
- 13:05 – 13:55
- £60/45 no drop
- Bishopsgate Institute
- Arina Djakova
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code