This is an eye-opening workshop with hands-on tuition. During the session, the tutor will give you creative advice, ideas on subjects to shoot and tips on how to shoot them. Expect to put all theory you learn into practice.
This is a popular course that often sells out. If no more places are available please do still register your interest with the Box Office, as it may be possible to add more dates if there is sufficient demand.
Will I need any equipment or materials?
You will need your own DSLR or hybrid camera with manual functions.
Do I need any previous skills or knowledge?
Basic knowledge of photography is preferable, with a sound technical knowledge of your own camera. You need to have a good understanding of spoken English to follow simple written and verbal instructions, demonstrations and health and safety information. You will also be invited to take part in group discussions
You will learn
- Better understand the manual functions on your camera
- Expose creatively because of (and in spite of) your light meter
- Use shutter speed for freezing and motion blur
- Use aperture and depth of field to get sharper images or to isolate details
- Understand how ISO affects image quality, and how to choose the right one.
- Use mixed light sources (i.e. daylight and artificial light) and adjust white balance effectively
- Use the right type of lens
- Decide what’s important in your image
- Use light and shadows to create images
- Understand rules of composition and how to break them.
Meet the Tutor
Paulina Czyz’s personal work mixes fashion, architecture and fine art conventions, producing digital images representing surreal worlds. Commercially she continues to work as a commissioned photographer for private clients, businesses and independent fashion labels. She produces a wide range of courses in photography. As well as a degree in Journalism, Paulina undertook two years of Photography Studies at the University of Arts, London College of Communication. Paulina also has five years’ experience in the publishing industry. Paulina then went on to do a diploma in teaching before becoming a supportive teacher at City of Westminster College, where she taught digital and silver photography.
Need to Know
- 10:30 - 16:30
- Full £79 / Conc. £59
- Bishopsgate Institute
- Paulina Czyz
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code