This is an eye-opening workshop with hands-on tuition. During the session, the tutor will give you creative advice, ideas on subjects to shoot and tips on how to shoot them. Expect to put all theory you learn into practice.
This is a popular course that often sells out. If no more places are available please do still register your interest with the Box Office, as it may be possible to add more dates if there is sufficient demand.
You will learn
- To understand the manual functions on your camera and choose the right type of lens
- Explore shutter speed, and learn how to freeze and motion blur your images
- Discover aperture and depth of field to get sharper pictures or to isolate details
- Recognise how ISO affects image quality
- Explore light and shadows, mixed light sources and how to adjust white balance effectively
- Understand the rules of composition and how to break them.
Meet the Tutor
Paulina Czyz’s personal work mixes fashion, architecture and fine art conventions, producing digital images representing surreal worlds. Commercially she continues to work as a commissioned photographer for private clients, businesses and independent fashion labels. She produces a wide range of courses in photography. As well as a degree in Journalism, Paulina undertook two years of Photography Studies at the University of Arts, London College of Communication. Paulina also has five years’ experience in the publishing industry. Paulina then went on to do a diploma in teaching before becoming a supportive teacher at City of Westminster College, where she taught digital and silver photography.
Need to Know
- 10:30 - 16:30
- Full £79 / Conc. £59
- Bishopsgate Institute
- Paulina Czyz
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code
- DSLR or hybrid camera with manual functions