This course will take place in person.
The Iyengar system of yoga emphasises precise and careful body alignment, muscular balance, and maximum spinal extension.
This style of yoga helps release tension, improve posture, and gradually retrains the body to become stronger, more supple and healthy.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for both beginners and more experienced students.
Will I need any equipment or materials?
Please wear clothing which allows you to move freely and work in bare feet.
- Students should be able to kneel and get up and down from the floor easily.
- To make the classes more accessible to all abilities, equipment such as blocks and belts will be used.
- Yoga mats will be provided, you are also welcome to bring your own mat if you prefer.
- Changing room facilities are available.
We provide a number of funded bursaries to people who find it hard to pay the full or concessionary rates. Find out more information on how to apply.
Sign up to our newsletter
Be the first to learn about our latest events, courses, and collections
You will learn
By the end of the course, you will know:
- A wide range of yoga postures and their health benefits
- How to work with more precision to correct alignment and nurture muscular balance.
Meet the Tutor
Frances Newberry is our longest-standing teacher, having taught at Bishopsgate Institute since 1984. She trained under Sylvia Prescott in the Iyengar System and graduated in the presence of Mr Iyengar himself. She is a certified teacher who holds the Iyengar Teachers Certification Mark, a sign of excellence, clarity, and depth of understanding. She continues her personal development through regular courses held nationally.
Need to Know
- 18:00 - 19:30
- £66/£49 concession
- Bishopsgate Institute
- Frances Newberry
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code