This course will be taking place in our building. If government guidance changes, we will contact you with any updates.
This style of yoga helps release tension, improve posture, and gradually retrains the body to become stronger, more supple and healthy.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for both beginners and more experienced students.
Will I need any equipment or materials?
Please wear clothing which allows you to move freely and work in bare feet.
This term, all students will be required to bring their own yoga mats. Wey will not be providing mats.
Are there follow-on courses I can take?
We also offer Level 1 and Level 2 courses, where classes are tailored specifically to beginners or students with more experience.
Will I be assessed?
There is no formal assessment for courses at Bishopsgate Institute. However, to monitor your learning and progress, tutors will assess your participation in classroom activities.
How we’re keeping you safe
We are following the latest guidance to ensure both staff and students are safe. To comply with government guidance and to support NHS Test and Trace, we need to collect a name and phone number during the booking process.
- We have limited places for this course
- These sessions will be taking place in larger rooms to allow for social distancing
- Mats will be placed 2 metres apart. We also ask that you bring your own mat to these sessions
- Our changing rooms will be closed this term, including the lockers. You will be able to leave your belongings at the side of the room, but there won't be the usual facilities for changing, storing valuables, and showering afterwards
- Masks must be worn in all public areas, including on arrival and when walking through the corridors
- Clear signage will appear throughout the building to guide you and remind you of social distancing measures
- We will be using a Track & Trace system to register all visitors to the building
- We clean our building regularly
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your class is due to start – upon arrival you'll be signed in, and admitted in to the space through a one-way system
- If government guidance changes, we may need to cancel the course. Please check your email before your visit.
You will learn
By the end of the course, you will know:
- A wide range of yoga postures and their health benefits
- How to work with more precision to correct alignment and nurture muscular balance.
Meet the Tutor
Frances Newberry is our longest-standing teacher, having taught at Bishopsgate Institute since 1984. She trained under Sylvia Prescott in the Iyengar System and graduated in the presence of Mr Iyengar himself. She is a certified teacher who holds the Iyengar Teachers Certification Mark, a sign of excellence, clarity, and depth of understanding. She continues her personal development through regular courses held nationally.
Need to Know
- 12:05 - 12:55
- £60.00/ £45.00 conc.
- Bishopsgate Institute
- Frances Newberry
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code