The course covers the four skills (speaking, reading, listening and writing). It is taught through tutor-led activities, pair and group work, role-playing, and independent research as part of homework.
You will learn
Alphabet and pronunciation
- Giving and asking for personal information (name and surname)
- Talking about nationality, place of origin
- Pronunciation: C & G with different vowels and GN
- Introducing someone formally & informally.
- Numbers (0-10)
- Masculine and feminine adjectives (nationalities).
- Telephone numbers and address.
- Ask somebody how s/he is doing (formal and informal)
- Numbers (10-20)
- Revision of the verbs: essere, avere, chiamarsi. Introducing the verb: abitare.
- Numbers (20-100)
- Talking about work and professions
- Definite articles
- Present Tense of regular verbs, in particular: lavorare, parlare
- Present Tense of irregular verbs stare, fare
- Indefinite articles
- Demonstratives (questo/a)
- Prepositions: a, in
- Present tense of more regular verbs
- Drinks & snacks
- At the bar (coffee shop)
- Expressing preferences
- Definite articles: plural
- Plural of masculine and feminine nouns
- Verb prendere
- Ordering in a restaurant
- Italian cuisine
- Verb volere and preferire
- Bene and buono
- Free-time activities
- Present tense of verbs in ‘-care/-gare’ and new regular verbs & irregular ‘uscire’
- Expressions of time and frequency
- Days of the week, months
- Expressions around time and frequency
- Expressing likes and dislikes
- Introducing ‘mi piace/piacciono’
- Week 10
- Hotel facilities and services
- c’e`, ci sono
- Verbs potere and costare
- Cardinal numbers.
Meet the Tutor
Laura Troisi has a degree in English and Italian Literature from the University of Naples. She has a Certificate in Language Teaching to Adults from Goldsmiths, University of London. She has been teaching Italian at all levels in several prominent organisations including City Lit, International House, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Goldsmiths, University of London since 2005.
Need to Know
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Laura Troisi
- Course Code