This course will take place online, for a reduced rate of Full £171 / Conc. £128
The course covers the four language skills: speaking, reading, listening and writing. It is taught through tutor-led activities, pair and group work, role-playing, and independent research as part of homework.
Who is this course for?
For intermediate level students who have completed German Level 5: Module B, or equivalent.
Do I need any previous skills or experience?
To benefit fully from this course, you should have knowledge roughly equivalent to 280 hours of tuition.
Will I need any equipment or materials?
This course will be held via Zoom. You need a computer/laptop or mobile phone to access the Zoom website, and a reliable internet connection. For further information on how to join a Zoom meeting, you can watch the joining video here.
Please bring a pen and paper for making notes.
Are there any follow-on courses I can take?
Where possible, we will always aim to offer students the opportunity to progress in their learning. The next level after this course is German Level 6: Module A.
Will I be assessed?
There is no formal assessment for courses at Bishopsgate Institute. However, to monitor your learning and progress, tutors will assess your participation in classroom activities.
Not sure which level you’re at?
Join us on 6 May for our free Check your Level event, where you’ll meet with a tutor 1:1 on Zoom to discuss what course will best suit you.
You will learn
By the end of this level, you will be able to:
- Read and listen to a variety of authentic resources
- Give a presentation
- Manage everyday life situations in a German-speaking environment
- Discuss current events and be able to express views and opinions
- Talk about healthy lifestyles and other health-related topics
- Discuss issues related to the environment
- Use a wider range of sentence structures and vocabulary
- Consolidate your knowledge of grammar topics such as the verb tenses, word order, sentence connectors, the adjective declensions, pronouns, relative clauses, temporal and local prepositions.
Meet the Tutor
Katja Miarka teaches German at all levels and for different age groups. She holds an MA in Modern Foreign Languages and Education from Humboldt University, Berlin and is a qualified teacher (QTS). She currently teaches German at City University, London and other institutions across London.
Need to Know
- 12:05 - 12:55
- Full £171 / Conc. £128
- Wednesdays and Fridays
- Bishopsgate Institute
- Katja Miarka
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code