This course will take place online, for a reduced rate of Full £184 / Conc. £138
Including French politics and current affairs, talking about the weather, latest scientific discoveries as well as Francophone literature, music and cinema.
Who is this course for?
For intermediate level students who have completed French Level 3: Module A, or equivalent.
Do I need any previous skills or experience?
We advise that you have either completed French Level 3 Module A or have equivalent previous knowledge (higher intermediate/Advanced) to benefit from this course.
Will I need any equipment or materials?
This course will be held via Zoom. You need a computer/laptop or mobile phone to access the Zoom website, and a reliable internet connection. For further information on how to join a Zoom meeting, you can watch the joining video here.
Are there any follow on courses?
Where possible, we will always aim to offer students the opportunity to progress in their learning. The next level after this course is French Level 3: Module C.
Will I be assessed?
There is no formal assessment for courses at Bishopsgate Institute. However, to monitor your learning and progress, tutors will assess your participation in classroom activities.
Not sure which level you’re at?
Join us on 6 May for our free Check your Level event, where you’ll meet with a tutor 1:1 on Zoom to discuss what course will best suit you.
You will learn
By the end of this level, you will be able to:
- Use more complex grammar structures with confidence (past tenses, future, conditional and conditional clauses, infinitive constructions, pronouns)
- Read and understand articles and reports on various topics (e.g. news, scientific articles, cultural reviews, political and social commentary)
- Identify and extract information from news reports/texts and audio-visual material) delivered in standard spoken language
- Engage in a debate on a given topic
- Write an essay/short presentation to express and develop your opinion.
Meet the Tutor
Clément Guerra holds a degree in Applied Languages and a Masters’ degree in Translation from Lille3 University. He has many years experience as a French tutor. He worked in a secondary school before starting as full-time private tutor in London. He works with children and adults at all levels and he’s also participated in the creation of a French learning book.
Need to Know
- 18:00 - 20:00
- Full £184 / Conc. £138
- Bishopsgate Institute
- Clément Guerra
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code