The course covers the four skills (speaking, reading, listening and writing). It is taught through tutor-led activities, pair and group work, role-playing, and independent research as part of homework.
Who is this course for?
For beginner level students who have completed French Level 1: Module A, or equivalent.
Do I need any previous skills or experience?
To benefit fully from this course, you should have knowledge roughly equivalent to 20 hours of tuition.
Will I need any equipment or materials?
You may be asked to purchase a textbook. This will be confirmed in the first session.
Will I be assessed?
There is no formal assessment for courses at Bishopsgate Institute. However, to monitor your learning and progress, tutors will assess your participation in classroom activities.
You will learn
- Vocabulary related to daily routine, expressing the time and talking about hobbies
- Vocabulary related to travel, places in town, giving and receiving directions
- How to express opinions (likes, dislikes and more complex statements)
- How to use a variety of verbs (regular, irregular, modal and reflexive verbs) in present tense
- How to use common verbs in imperative
- How to use prepositions of location
- Rules of pronunciation
- Cultural aspects, customs and celebrations.
Meet the Tutor
Silvana Avram is a highly qualified MFL teacher (BA French and English, MA French Cultural Studies, PGCE French) with a wealth of experience in teaching. She is passionate about sharing her love for languages and creates lessons that are rich in cultural content. With a strong interest in Cultural Studies and a BSc in Philosophy, Silvana likes bringing authentic materials and new views into the classroom. Amongst her other interests are: philosophy, meditation, astrology, healthy living and sociology. She is also a qualified life coach and mentor and has recently published her first book.
Need to Know
- 13:05 - 13:55
- Full £201 / Conc. £151
- Mondays and Wednesdays
- Bishopsgate Institute
- Silvana Avram
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code
- No Session
- Monday 17 and Wednesday 19 February