The course covers the four skills (speaking, reading, listening and writing). It is taught through tutor-led activities, pair and group work, role-playing, and independent research as part of homework.
Who is this course for?
No prior experience, only enthusiasm to learn about the subject
Do I need any equipment or materials?
Pen/pencil and paper for taking notes. You will be asked to purchase a textbook: BBC French Experience 1 by Anny King and Marie Therese Bougard (ISBN-10:0563472561). Units 1-4. Subsequent units in the book will be studied at higher levels.
Will I be assessed?
There is no formal assessment for courses at Bishopsgate Institute. However, to monitor your learning and progress, tutors will assess your participation in classroom activities.
You will learn
- Present tense of both regular and irregular verbs (habiter, aimer, faire, venir)
- Definite and indefinite articles (le, la, l’, les, un, une)
- Personal pronouns (je, tu, il, elle)
- Formal and informal structures (tu, vous)
- Gender and number of nouns and adjectives
- Affirmative, negative and interrogative sentences
- Possessive singular (mon, ton, son; ma, ta, sa)
- Prepositions (à, en, de, dans, au).
Meet the Tutor
Clément Guerra holds a degree in Applied Languages and a Masters’ degree in Translation from Lille3 University. He has many years experience as a French tutor. He worked in a secondary school before starting as full-time private tutor in London. He works with children and adults at all levels and he’s also participated in the creation of a French learning book.
Need to Know
- 12:05 - 12:55
- Full £201 / Conc. £151
- Mondays and Wednesdays
- Bishopsgate Institute
- Clement Guerra
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code
- No session
- Monday 17 and Wednesday 19 February