This course will be taking place in our building. If government guidance changes, we will contact you with any updates.
Throw yourself in and get dancing in a day. Spend an afternoon in a relaxed and friendly environment, learning a new skill, and meeting new people.
Who is this course for?
Our "Dance in a Day" courses are perfect for people who want to learn to dance but don’t know where to start.
Do I need any skills or knowledge?
No experience is necessary. Our teachers are experts at teaching beginners.
Lead or Follow?
This is a partnered dance so you will need to sign up as a couple and decide which of you is the lead or follow. We don’t mind which role you do. Due to Covid restrictions, we won’t be rotating partners during the class and you’ll be dancing with your partner throughout. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about these roles.
How we're keeping you safe
We are following the latest guidance to ensure our staff and dancers are safe. To comply with government guidance and to support Test and Trace, Swing Patrol will collect a name and phone number during the booking process.
- We have limited the number of tickets available, and all tickets must be booked in advance to access our building. This means that we will not be accepting walk-ups.
- If you feel unwell on the day of the workshop, please do not attend (please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if you aren’t attending).
- If you feel unwell during the class, please tell the teacher immediately. They will suspend the class and arrange for transport home for you.
- You will need to wait outside until invited to enter the building. The week of the workshop, you will be emailed information about entering the building.
- You won’t be rotating partners during the class and you’ll be dancing with the partner that you booked with throughout. You and your partner need to be from the same household. Social distancing will be in place, with 2 metres between each couple.
- Clear signage will appear throughout the building to guide you and remind you of social distancing measures.
- Hand sanitiser and bathroom facilities are available, with a one-in one-out system. Please use the hand sanitiser provided upon entry.
- Masks are to be worn throughout the building but can be removed in the workshop.
- Please bring water and snacks with you, and keep your belongings next to you at your assigned spot.
- Swing Patrol will be using a Test and Trace system to register all attendees. You will be asked for your number when you book, and this is the number you will be contacted on if needed.
- We clean our building regularly.
- If government guidance changes, we may need to cancel the workshop. Please check your email before your visit.
Please send any enquiries to email@example.com.
Meet the Tutor
Swing Patrol have been teaching swing dance and related styles across London since 2009. Swing Patrol are passionate about swing dancing and share this passion through their teaching of Lindy Hop, Charleston, Blues, Balboa and Solo Charleston. They have a trained professional team of teachers who will inspire, engage and ensure that you also have fun. It's a fun and joyful dance style and the teaching will reflect this.
Need to Know
- 12:30 - 16:00
- Bishopsgate Institute
- Swing Patrol
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code