This is an in-person event
Because we know not everyone is ready to dance with almost anyone, you’ll have the option to indicate your comfort level via the colour of your wristband.
The night starts with a beginner taster class, after which you can dance to the sounds of vintage DJs. You don't need to bring a partner and you can wear whatever you like. This event is DJs only, and live bands will return in Autumn.
- The event is open to everyone over 18 from 19.00 – 23.00.
- You don't need to bring a partner and you can wear whatever you like. There won't be a cloakroom facility at this event.
- Tickets are £10/8 in advance and £15 on door (Online booking closes one hour before the event start time, after which tickets on the door cost £15).
- Bringing food and drinks to this event is not permitted. A bar will be available. Please bring your own water bottle with you as there won't be any cups available.
- Upon arrival, you’ll be asked if you would like a red wristband or a green one:
- Red = only dancing with one person or a pre-selected small group of people
- Green = dancing with everyone
- Everyone needs to have tested negative for Covid-19, and not be experiencing any symptoms, in order to attend.
In partnership with Swing Patrol.
How we're keeping you safe
The Bishopsgate Swing event on 7 August 2021 will be a test event so that we can trial returning to larger events in August in a safe way.
We’re aiming to run Bishopsgate Swing as “normally” as possible, and so, all being well, we will not require social distancing or face coverings during the event. However, we will be asking all participants to take a free NHS lateral flow test the night before/morning of the event and log the result on the NHS website or NHS app.
Please make sure you have your NHS confirmation email/app showing a negative result to hand in case you are asked to show proof of your test while at the event.
If your test is positive please ask the Bishopsgate Box Office for a refund or exchange your ticket for another event. Please contact the Bishopsgate Box Office if you are unable to attend due to a positive test result or if you are asked to isolate.
Because we want to keep staff and each other safe, we expect and recommend face coverings to be worn in the public areas that can become crowded. These are the corridors, toilet areas and in queues at the bar. There will also be an event-specific QR code that guests will be asked to scan on arrival.
In addition to these measures, Bishopsgate Institute has strict cleaning protocols in place and ventilation throughout the building. There are also numerous hand-sanitising stations available and touch-free drinking fountains.
Meet the Hosts
Swing Patrol have been teaching swing dance and related styles across London since 2009. Swing Patrol are passionate about swing dancing and share this passion through their teaching of Lindy Hop, Charleston, Blues, Balboa and Solo Charleston. They have a trained professional team of teachers who will inspire, engage and ensure that you also have fun. It's a fun and joyful dance style and the teaching will reflect this.
Need to Know
- 19:00 - 23:00
- Full £10 / Conc. £8
- Bishopsgate Institute