This course will be taking place in our building. If government guidance changes, we will contact you with any updates.
Pilates exercises use deep, slow movements that build core strength, tone the major muscle groups of the body, increase range of movement, and improve posture. The deep all-round strength that Pilates builds in the body encourages healthy patterns of movement when you practice regularly.
Who is this course for?
Pilates is suitable for all ages and fitness levels and those new to exercise, and this course is suitable for both beginners and experienced students.
Do I need any previous skills or knowledge?
None required. Any student suffering from an injury or condition that could be made worse by exercise should consult with their doctor or physical therapist before beginning the course. Adaptations and modifications can be provided to suit requirements and ability levels.
Will I need any equipment or materials?
You should wear comfortable clothing you can move in.
Will I be assessed?
There is no formal assessment for courses at Bishopsgate Institute. However, to monitor your learning and progress, tutors will assess your participation in classroom activities.
How we’re keeping you safe
We are following the latest guidance to ensure both staff and students are safe. To comply with government guidance and to support NHS Test and Trace, we need to collect a name and phone number during the booking process.
- We have limited places for this course
- These sessions will be taking place in larger rooms to allow for social distancing
- Mats will be placed 2 metres apart. We also ask that you bring your own mat to these sessions
- Our changing rooms will be closed this term, including the lockers. You will be able to leave your belongings at the side of the room, but there won't be the usual facilities for changing, storing valuables, and showering afterwards
- Masks must be worn in all public areas, including on arrival and when walking through the corridors
- Clear signage will appear throughout the building to guide you and remind you of social distancing measures
- We will be using a Track & Trace system to register all visitors to the building
- We clean our building regularly
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your class is due to start – upon arrival you'll be signed in, and admitted in to the space through a one-way system
- If government guidance changes, we may need to cancel the course. Please check your email before your visit.
Image: Dan Weill
You will learn
By the end of the course, you will have learnt how to:
- Align your spine and body during Pilates exercises
- Engage and effectively train core strength and the major muscles groups of the body
- Perform movements working with the principles of Pilates, including flowing integrated movement, muscular strength and stamina, lengthening of the spine, abdominal control, precision, and mental focus.
Meet the Tutor
Paula is an experienced Pilates and fitness instructor, who has been teaching Pilates for over 10 years. She prides herself on being approachable and friendly. She teaches students of all ages, from 18 to 80, and believes everyone should be made to feel welcome and enjoy exercising. Paula loves finding new ways for her clients to improve their strength, mobility and flexibility, and have fun along the way.
Need to Know
- 18:00 - 19:00
- £60.00/ £45.00 conc.
- Bishopsgate Institute
- Paula Causton
- Max Students
- No. of Sessions
- Course Code