Help promote the activities of Bishopsgate Institute
Be a Volunteer Ambassador
We would like to recruit a team of volunteers to raise the profile of Bishopsgate Institute during its upcoming Open Days. Our Open Days celebrate the range of programmes we run and provide opportunities to experience a class or learn about our historic building and collections.
Bishopsgate Institute has been opening minds, challenging perceptions and enriching lives since 1895. Through our courses, cultural events, historic library, archive collections and schools and community learning programme, we provide a home for ideas and debate, learning and enquiry; and independent thought.
You will receive full training to enable you to promote the Institute, including detailed information about the Institute’s programmes and activities.
What you may be doing:
- Handing out leaflets and answering questions at the entrances to the Institute and in nearby Bishops Square
- Directing visitors around the Institute
- Organising refreshments for staff and volunteers
- Delivering leaflets in the local area
Who we are looking for:
- You have a welcoming manner and enjoy relating with members of the public
- You have the confidence to answer enquiries in the street and direct people
- You must be available for a volunteer induction session on Monday 18 June
- You are able to commit to three or more 4-hour shifts between 19 and 29 June
What you will get in return:
- Join in a taster session during one of your shifts
- Travel expenses reimbursed (up to £10 per day)
- Refreshments during your shift
Informal information sessions about volunteering for the Open Days will take place on Friday 8 June from 12pm – 1pm and Tuesday 12 June from 11am – 12pm. To register for either session, please contact Megan Dowsett, Volunteers Coordinator on email@example.com or 020 7392 9225.
You can find out more about Bishopsgate Institute on www.bishopsgate.org.uk