Since 1894 we have been bringing knowledge to life through creative learning opportunities and we continue to do so each term.
Our courses for adults aged 18 years and over, are conveniently reached by Liverpool Street station. We offer a wide range of courses for adults and our Beautiful Grade II* listed building provides an inspired location for learning.
You can see the courses we are currently providing or search for a particular course by clicking on the course strand links in red below.
Explore areas of London’s past and present in a collection of walking tours, sketching classes and history courses.
Images of London: Lost Buildings and Streets
Arts & Culture
- "Really enjoyed this course and I wish that it was longer."
We run a wide range of courses embracing art history, photography, music, film, wine tasting and more.
An Introduction to the History of European Art:
Words & Ideas
- "This is my favourite course at Bishopsgate Institute, very informative, well structured."
- "This is my favourite course so far. The lecturer was excellent. Made me think about art differently"
- "The course was much better than I had anticipated. The tutor was friendly and knowledgeable with and interactive teaching style. The slides were well chosen. I feel like I learnt a lot.
Learn about literature, philosophy and politics or try out the written word yourself with creative writing, journalism and scriptwriting.
Writing Short Stories:
- "The tutor was brilliant, I'd highly recommend her and the course to anybody."
- "A thoroughly enjoyable 6 weeks, learnt lots, laughed lots, developed my style and met some amazing writers. Thanks.”
- "This was an excellent and inspiring course."
- "The whole experience was enjoyable. Found myself looking forward to the sessions every week."
- "Very good course and Bishopsgate offers some wonderful courses."
- "Brilliant teacher. Excellent tutor."
- "Just to say that I am glad I did this course I feel very inspired finally. Thank you."
If you want to learn a language we run courses in Arabic, Chinese Mandarin, French, German, Italian and Spanish
. To enhance your learning experience we keep our classes small (no more than 12 students).
- "Very good school and very good teacher."
- “Very good teacher, very hard working. A good teaching method. I feel that I have progressed. I really enjoyed the class."
- “Fantastic facility."
- “A very good course and I was more than satisfied with my development."
Try our popular singing and acting courses which run every term, along with a range of dance courses such as ballroom & latin, rock & roll/ jive, swing and more.
Body & Exercise
- "Excellent instructor. Patient and helpful."
We teach the Hatha and Iyengar disciplines of yoga, plus Pilates and meditation & mindfulness.
- “I loved the course."
- "I was very impressed with the course. The teacher was great and the Institute was fantastic."
Term and course times
We run three course terms a year, spring (January - April), summer (April - August) and autumn (September - December). We have lunchtime, afternoon, evening and weekend courses to accommodate the busiest of schedules.
If you have any other queries please contact our courses team on 0207392 9200 or email.
Make sure you sign up to our courses newsletter to keep up-to-date on all our course and term news.