‘The main thing I learnt from my visit was that history isn't boring but very interesting.’
Year 8 pupil, Let’s Co-operate in London workshop
We offer history workshops for schools which allow pupils across the ability range to handle original sources from our historic library and archive collections. Structured activities during the session encourage pupils to:
- make connections and comparisons between sources
- use analytical thinking to interpret text and images
- seek personal meaning in the materials
- see things from a range of perspectives
- use creative skills to imagine what was or could be
- share findings and ideas in a supportive environment
Find out more about our workshops and online learning resources.
We also offer Take One, an inspiring cross-curriculum project for primary schools.