Quality Assurance Policy
Bishopsgate Institute has been providing a meeting place for people with shared interests in learning and culture since 1895. We continue to do this in the present day through our flourishing Courses for Adults programme, regular cultural events, and world renowned historic library. Our range of rooms and halls are also available for visitors to host their own conferences, events and launches, as well as more intimate meetings and training sessions.
Quality is core to Bishopsgate Institute’s vision to provide inclusive, high quality learning opportunities for a wide range of audiences to explore and enjoy. This commitment to quality also applies to room and hall hire at the Institute.
We are committed to continuous improvement and have established a Quality Management System which provides a framework for measuring and improving our performance. The following systems and procedures are in place to support this:
- regular gathering and monitoring of visitor feedback (including evaluation of courses, cultural events and hall hire, as well as a biennial survey of library users)
- regular management reviews of visitor evaluation forms, customer feedback and complaints
- training and development for our employees
- selection and performance monitoring of key suppliers against service level agreements
- a customer complaints procedure and a commitment to processing complaints within seven days
- a commitment to processing enquiries, bookings and enrolments within three days
- a quality assurance procedure encompassing all tutors teaching on the Courses for Adults programme
Our internal procedures are reviewed regularly. Bishopsgate Institute’s Management Team monitor quality levels and management systems, making suitable changes to policy as considered appropriate.
This policy is posted on Bishopsgate Institute’s website and is also available in the staff handbook.
Though the Chief Executive has ultimate responsibility for Quality all employees have a responsibility within their own areas of work so helping to ensure that Quality is embedded within the whole of the organisation.
Approved by: Andrew Fuller, Chief Executive