Health and Safety Policy
We take the health and safety of visitors and staff members seriously.
Bishopsgate Institute aims to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all.
We consider successful management of health and safety to be vital not only to
the efficient operation of the Foundation but also to our charitable and financial
We recognise and accept our statutory obligations under the Health and Safety
at Work etc. Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
1999 and all other relevant legislation. We will take steps, so far as is reasonably
practicable, to provide:
- a safe and healthy environment for all persons using the Institute’s premises.
- safe access to and exit from the premises.
- safe equipment and systems of work for our employees.
- arrangements for the safe use, handling, storage and movement of articles and
- the necessary information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure the
health and safety of our employees.
- appropriate information and advice to ensure the health and safety of guests
We acknowledge the important part our staff have to play in ensuring a healthy
and safe workplace for everyone, and consult staff regularly.
This policy will be kept up to date and will be reviewed at least annually.