St Helen's Church, Bishopsgate: Prints, Photographs, Drawings and Other Material
REFERENCE CODE: LONDON COLLECTION MANUSCRIPTS/64
ADMINISTRATIVE/BIOGRAPHICAL HISTORY: No further information.
SCOPE AND CONTENT: Large volume containing prints, photographs, drawings and other visual material
of St Helen's Church, Bishopsgate, including:
- Plan of the nunnery and church of St Helen, taken after the general repair in
1808, published by Robert Wilkinson, Fenchurch Street, 11 October 1817
- Five cuttings of illustrations of St Helen's, n.d.
- Print of shield emblem on the ceiling of the hall belonging to the Leathersellers
Company in St Helens, London, n.d.
- Twelve coloured illustrations of shields of arms in coloured glass in the Windows
of St Helen's Church, Bishopsgate, August 1836
- Watercolour of monument to the gift of William Robinson, mercer, in 1633, n.d.
- Illustrations of the reliefs on the pulpit of St Helen's Church, n.d.
- Three cuttings of illustrations of St Helen's, n.d.
- Thirteen early photographs of the interior and exterior of St Helen's Church,
- Illustration of the windows discovered in taking down the tomb of Sir John Spencer,
- Photograph of ancient architecture discovered during alterations at St Helen's
- Three photographs of lead coffin found beneath the pavement of St Helen's Church,
- Letter to J.E.Gardner from J.A.L.Airey regarding the lead coffin found beneath
the pavement at St Helen's Church, with translation of the transcription (3pp),
16 December 1895
- Five pencil sketches of architectural features in St Helen's by F.Nash, n.d.
- Four illustrations of tombs and monuments to Sir Thomas Gresham, Sir William
Pickering, Sir John De Oteswich, Sir John Crosby and Sir John Spencer, from sketches
by Vincent Cox, n.d.
- Six pencil sketches of architectural features in St Helen's Church by John Carter,
- Watercolour of the tomb of Sir John Crosby and his wife. n.d.
- Illustrations of two tombs at St Helen's, Bishopsgate, n.d.
EXTENT: 1 large volume