Bishopsgate Ward Club
ADMINISTRATIVE/BIOGRAPHICAL HISTORY: Founded in 1790, the Bishopsgate Ward Club was initially a forum for the merchants,
tailors and other interested parties of the Ward to express their views to the
Alderman and the Common Councilmen, linking them to the governance of the City
of London. In modern times, the Ward Club has become a charitable and social organisation,
promoting community service, good fellowship, and an interest in the traditions
and institutions of the City of London. One of the City's 22 Ward Clubs, the Bishopsgate
Ward Club arranges a varied programme each year including receptions, luncheons
and insider tours.
SCOPE AND CONTENT: Records of the Bishopsgate Ward Club (1965-2005), including:
- minute book, 1965 –1986.
- cash book, 1976 – 1987.
- heraldic shields, n.d.
- correspondence, financial statements, bank statements, subscriptions, receipts
and minutes, 1999 - 2005.
- general papers, correspondence and information regarding visits and events, 1998-2003.
- committee attendance register, 1943-1988.
- dinner programmes and rulebooks, 1954-2010.
QUANTITY: 9 Boxes